Regional Policy Statements
Regional policy statements play an important role in providing the framework for integrated management of natural and physical resources, including historic heritage. They could be expected to include a historic heritage chapter which contains:
- An overview of heritage agency roles and responsibilities
- A discussion of significant historic heritage issues for the region
- Objectives and policies for the management of effects that may impact on historic heritage
- A range of methods for protecting historic heritage
- Principal reasons for adopting objectives, policies and methods
- Key definitions associated with historic heritage
When preparing or changing a regional policy statement, regional council must have regard to any relevant entries in the New Zealand Heritage List.
The Heritage New Zealand Sustainable Management of Historic Heritage Guidance series provides further guidance on Regional Policy Statements.
Section 61(2)(a)(iia) RMA
Last updated at 10:46AM on November 27, 2015