During the preparation of a proposed policy statement or plan the local authority may consult any person. However, the local authority must consult: 730
- The Minister for the Environment;
- Other Ministers of the Crown who may be affected by the policy statement or plan (in the case of a regional coastal plan this will include the Minister of Conservation, the Minister of Transport and the Minister of Fisheries);
- Local authorities who may be affected by the policy statement or plan;
- Tangata whenua of the area who may be affected by the policy statement or plan (through iwi authorities), including by providing a draft of the proposed policy statement or plan and having particular regard to the advice recieved from those iwi authorities; and 4495
- Any customary marine title group in the area.
Last updated at 4:08PM on January 4, 2018